"Reports about COVID-19, (also known as the Coronavirus) show that it poses a serious threat to people in many countries, including the United States and is expanding its contagion in diverse communities. In times like these our worries and anxieties can be overwhelming. But it is important to be in a calm frame of mind and to keep a non-anxious posture. There are some precautions we can take to minimize the spreading of germs and protect us from harms way." (Bishop Jeremiah Park)
A special Church Council meeting was held on March 8, 2020 to begin a dialogue regarding what measures to implement for discouraging the spread of COVID-19 in our church. Effective immediately, the following precautions will be in effect:
- Offering plates and missions baskets will not be passed during the service. Instead they will be placed at each entrance and available when entering and leaving the worship area.
- Communion is suspended until we return to worshipping in the Sanctuary. When it resumes, communion bread will be offered by a gloved person with juice offered in individual cups.
- Anointing is suspended until further notice.
- Hand sanitizer bottles will be placed by all entrances. Tissues will also be readily available.
- Greeters will wear disposable gloves when handing out Church bulletins.
- Hospitality time following the Sunday morning worship service is suspended until further notice.
The congregation is asked to observe the following personal precautions:
- Please refrain from personal contact, such as hand shaking, hugging, etc.
- Please avoid touching your face with your hands.
- Please cough or sneeze into your elbow or into a tissue, not your hands. If using a tissue be sure to properly dispose of it.
- Please stay home when you are ill, or have symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, diarrhea, runny nose, elevated temperature, etc.
Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions for further precautions.