Click Here to view construction photos.
Construction work in the sanctuary began on Monday, January 13. During this time, the entire upstairs area of the building will not be used. The main upstairs entrance will be open with access to the church office, elevator, and stairs only. Sunday Worship services will be held in the Fellowship Hall. Downstairs areas will be utilized for meeting space during the week.
We are all curious about the progress of the sanctuary construction. It's so tempting to peek around the plastic and see what's happening in there. However, our contractors have asked us to notify everyone that it is simply not safe for us to be in the construction area at this time. There is equipment that must not be touched, scaffolding blocking the entrance, and many trip hazards throughout the area. The contractors did us a huge favor by allowing us to continue using the main entrance to go downstairs - let's not take advantage of their kindness by trespassing in an unsafe restricted area.
During construction, refreshments served during Fellowship Time will be limited to cookies and coffee. This is to eliminate the need for preparation work during the worship service.
A few things to keep in mind while we are worshiping downstairs:
1. The paved parking spaces adjacent to the upper and lower entrances are reserved for handicapped parking and for those with mobility issues who need to park close to the building.
2. Please reserve the padded chairs at the tables for those who need them - our longer-living members and friends as well as for folks unable to sit on the folding metal chairs.
3. When you arrive for worship on Sunday mornings, please be aware that Sunday School classes are in session and keep the noise levels to a minimum.
4. Our worship space is equipped with hearing assistance receivers that will help those who have difficulty hearing during our worship service. You can pick one up outside the sound booth near the elevator. You can adjust the volume to your own comfort level.
5. A nursery is available for children who are in Kindergarten or younger. It is located in the Youth Room. Please see one of the ushers for direction. For our older kids, activity bags are available to help keep them engaged during the service.